TIPS: Protect Your Teeth – They can’t Repair Themselves
Teeth are the only body part of the body that can’t heal or repair themselves so to have them outlive your life – its important to protect them
Protect your teeth
Your teeth are one of the most important parts of your body, but they are also one of the most vulnerable. Unlike other tissues, your teeth cannot heal themselves when they are damaged by decay, infection, or trauma. That is why it is essential to protect your teeth from these threats and maintain good oral hygiene habits. Here are some tips on how to protect your teeth and keep them healthy for life.
6 Tips to protect your teeth as they can’t repair themselves – So you need to step up to the plate
- Brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft toothbrush. This will help remove plaque, bacteria, and food particles that can cause cavities and gum disease.
- Floss your teeth at least once a day to clean the spaces between your teeth where brushing cannot reach. This will also help prevent plaque buildup and tartar formation that can lead to tooth decay and gum inflammation.
- Visit your dentist at Alvi Dental regularly for checkups and cleanings. We can detect and treat any dental problems early, before they become more serious and costly.
- Avoid sugary and acidic foods and drinks that can erode your enamel and cause tooth sensitivity. If you do consume them, rinse your mouth with water afterward or chew sugar-free gum to neutralize the acids and stimulate saliva production as teeth can’t repair themselves
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports or engaging in activities that can cause dental injuries. A mouthguard can cushion the impact of a blow to your mouth and prevent your teeth from chipping, cracking, or being knocked out.
- Do not use your teeth as tools to open bottles, cut tape, or bite nails. This can damage your enamel and cause cracks or fractures in your teeth that can expose the nerves and pulp to infection.