Alvi Dental Hospital is please to update that Dr. Awab Alvi [Blogs as Teeth Maestro] has recently been selected as a TEDIndia Fellow for his leadership capabilities and his innovative work in Pakistan. The selection to this TED Fellows group was limited to bringing together some brilliant future leaders from this region together.
Of the list of 103 TEDIndia Fellows from around the world Dr. Awab Alvi is one of the five Pakistanis who would be invited to Mysore for a four day networking conference to meet and exachange ideas amongst probably the future innovators of the world
TED.com stands for Technology, Entertainment and Design, but in effect it has over time transformed from a mere annual conference to become the center or hub for brilliant innovative ideas for the future. Many creative people from all walks of life come to this organization and ultimately to the TED conference to showcase their creation, in 18 minutes, to an audience of scientists, scholars, creators, and leaders with the hope that it can become the a successful project of the future. For many who have never heard or watched any of the famous 18-minute TEDTalks presentations just take a swing at any of the videos found on the TED.com website
Of the 103 TEDIndia Fellowship inductees there are a total of 5 Pakistanis invited to the TEDIndia event in November at Mysore.
- Awab Alvi (Pakistan) – Dentist, orthodontist and author of Teeth Maestro, a prominent Pakistani political blog
- Shandana Minhas (Pakistan) – Print and screen writer; her first novel, Tunnel Vision was published in 2007, she is working on her second
- Aun Rahman (Pakistan) – Pakistan Director for Acumen Fund, a global nonprofit social venture fund
- Asher Hasan (Pakistan/US) – Founder CEO of NAYA JEEVAN, a social enterprise dedicated to providing low-income families with affordable access to quality, catastrophic healthcare
- Shahida Saleem (Pakistan) – Founder of Sehat First, a social enterprise providing access to basic health care and pharmaceutical services across Pakistan